Author: r.h. Sin
Title: A Beautiful Composition of Broken
Sites: 480 pages
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Preis: 19,99 $ (Paperback)
Release date: June 25, 2017
A Beautiful Composition of Broken is inspired by some of the events expressed artistically by Samantha King in the bestseller Born to Love, Cursed to Feel. It serves as a poetic documentary of the lives of people who have been mistreated, misunderstood, and wrongfully labeled in a way that limits them in this world. The author’s most personal volume yet, A Beautiful Composition of Broken builds a conceptual bridge between r.h. Sin’s earliest work and his forthcoming series, Planting Gardens in Graves.
- Relatable poems. Everybody knows these kind of situations in life so it`s not a topic nobody understand. It`s really important to know that you are not alone with your feelings.
- Much meaning. Even though most of the poems are very short the poems have much meaning behind them. Some poems stucked in my head after I read it and this is the proof for me that it has inspired me to think.
- I like how the author writes things. The words were well chosen. I had not the feeling that the author just wrote the things. In the words you can see what these things mean to the author. It feels very honest from them.
- To much love. Most of the time I had the feeling that it`s only about a failed relationship and not about „the lives of people who have been mistreated, misunderstood, and wrongfully labeled“ like the blurb said
- Very short. I don`t have problems with short poems but the book is full of them. Like the auther only wanted to make as much poems as possible.
It`s a book full of sad and short poems that inspire you to think. For me it was not as good as I hoped because there are too many short ones and too many about a failed relationship.
Because of this the book gets 3 stars from me
★ ★ ★
Thanks to netgalley.com and the publishing house Andrews McMeel Publishing
for this review copy.