This challenge ist hosted by Read at Midnight and its from Sunday 13th August to Sunday 10th September, 2017. Credit to CW of Read, Think, Ponder for the amazing artwork. I will use it for my character if I am ready.
I will start with…
Once upon a time a little girl learned how to conjure in an boarding school for witchcraft. She was like the other kids. She was not the smart one, not the good looking one, not the funny one. Although she hates all these labels, she really wanted to be good in something. Not the good looking one. She didn`t care about those things.
After she turned 15 the other pupils started to say that she is the small one because in their eyes she looked like 12. She didn`t like this and tried her hardest to get better in school. Her main goal was to be the smart one with the best grades.
After a few months she ran away from her school to her home because she wanted to go on an adventure. She wanted to learn more about life. Her parents didn`t like her idea but they wanted to support her anyway. So her parents gave her five Quest for her adventure.
In the fist one she should search for a word and it`s meaning in her adventure. In the second one she should use much magic, learn new magic things and meet new people who can use magic. The third one she should learn more about a mythology of her choice and for the forth she needs to travel into another world. In her last Quest she should find an adventure beginning, follow this adventure for a little time and then she needs to decide if she wants to go home or follow this big adventure.
An this is her progress:
A book with a one word title Endzeit by Liz Jensen
A book that contains magic
A book based on mythology
A book set in a different world Constance Verity by A. Lee Martinez
The first book of a series Demon Road by Derek Landy
Potions – A book concocted by 2+ authors
Time warp – A book set in either the past or the future
Expansion – Reas a companion novel or short story
Multiplayer – Buddy read a book
Open world – Read whatever you want
Mini-game – Read a graphic novel, novella, or poem collection
Grind – A book with 500+ Pages
Respawn – Read a book you previously DNF
Animal companion – Book referencing an animal in the title
EXPERIENCE POINTS (short)
- All characters will start: 10 Experience Points (EXP)
- Each completed book (in any format): +10 EXP (Exception: graphic novels/manga: +5 EXP)
- Each completed books written by marginalised authors: +20 EXP.
- Completed character’s quest before the challenge period: +50 EXP (any additional character quest you complete after that: +30 EXP)
- Levle up with every +50 EXP (start at Level 1)
HEALTH POINTS (short)
- All characters begin with 10 Health Points (HP)
- Every 10 pages: +1HP. (Exception: graphic novels/manga: +1HP every 20 pages)
- Tweeting on #TheReadingQuest hashtag: +1HP (Max.: +20HP from Social Media
- Photos of your #TheReadingQuest books or TBR pile: 1HP (contributes towards the maximum of +20HP from Social Media)
In general I want to read all the books from my „Persönliche Sommerchallenge“ so I will try to find a place for them in this challenge.